98% Ferric Chloride Hexahydrate
Product origin :Tangshan City, Hebei Province, China
Delivery time :15-30 days
Supply capacity :400,000 tons/ year
The Features of Ferric Chloride Hexahydrate
Ferric chloride hexahydrate (FeCl3·6H2O) is a solid form or crystalline form of ferric chloride solution. It is a brown yellow powder solid with all the properties and uses of ferric chloride.
Ferric chloride hexahydrate (FeCl3·6H2O) has astringency but no odor. And it can deliquesce into red brown liquid in the air because of its high hygroscopicity and deliquescence. Ferric chloride hexahydrate (FeCl3·6H2O) is soluble in water, The aqueous solution is strong acid, which can make protein coagulate. It’s also soluble in ethanol, liquid sulfur dioxide, ethylamine, aniline, etc., but insoluble in glycerol, phosphorus trichloride, etc.
The Use of Ferric Chloride Hexahydrate:
Ferric chloride hexahydrate is mainly used for metal etching (such as stainless steel, copper, iron, etc.). The etching speed is fast. And it can meet the requirements of precision etching, such as the etching requirements of the clock accessories. It can control the etching whiteness and sand ripple. In addition, when ferric chloride hexahydrate is used in corroding SMT steel mesh, the roundness of hole wall can be effectively controlled.
1.Ferric chloride hexahydrate can be dissolved by etching circulating liquid or tap-water;
2. When dissolving, increase the dissolution temperature, hydraulic circulation or mechanical stirring speed to increase the dissolution speed;
3. The acidity of the ferric chloride hexahydrate is controlled according to the different customers’ different requirements. ferric chloride hexahydrate with low acidity may appear turbidness (i.e. ferric chloride hydrolysis) when dissolved (especially with tap water); Ferric chloride hexahydrate with acidity of > 0.5% does not become turbid when dissolved.
4. Ferric chloride hexahydrate with acidity < 0.5% can be dissolved with reference to the following recommendations:
(1) Dissolving ferric chloride hexahydrate by etching circulating liquid, which can prevent turbidness. Add a small amount of hydrochloric acid, the turbidness can be dissolved.
(2) When dissolve ferric chloride hexahydrate by tap-water, turbidness may appear. A small amount of hydrochloric acid to tap water first and then dissolve ferric chloride hexahydrate. The amount of hydrochloric acid added should be more than 0.3% than that of the final acidity of the ferric chloride solution.
Package and storage of ferric chloride hexahydrate
25kg carton with inner PE bag, 800 pcs/ container.
50kg drum, 400 pcs/ container.
Ferric chloride hexahydrate has hygroscopicity and deliquescence. It needs to be sealed and stored in a cool and dry place. The shelf life of the product is 12 months.
Specifications of Ferric Chloride Hexahydrate for Industrial Use
Insoluble substance, %
Free Acid, %